By Alan Flum of Celestial Graphics Inc.
To This Guide: Getting Started
| What Makes a Good Site |
Plan Your Site | Design
and Layout | How to Create
Your Web Pages | How to Put
Your Site on the Net |
In this section we will explore the fundamentals of good layout. In this section you will learn how to make your pages more effective and pleasing to the eye.
Here are some basic principles:
1. Create a Visual Theme that is consistent.
2. Align elements on the page.
3. Use contrasting color and text weight effectively.
4. Group elements together so that the reader can more easily grasp the information you are presenting.
5. Make intelligent use of images including images that display text.
a Visual Theme that is Consistent
Previous: Plan Your Site Next: Design and Layout (2)